What Are the Penalties for 1st Degree Crimes in New Jersey?
Results Matter. Click here to see our results.
First degree criminal offenses: 10 to 20 years in prison and a fine up up to $200,000. Some crimes, for example first–degree murder, may carry a sentence of 30 years in prison (NJSA 2C:11-3 Murder).
Examples of First–DegreeCrimes
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Manslaughter
- Aggravated Manslaughter by Eluding
- Armed Robbery
- Drug Distribution (large quantities)
- Felony Murder
- First–Degree Murder (murder may also be charged as a 2nd degreecrime)
- Vehicular Homicide/Vehicular Manslaughter (may also be charged as a 2nd degreecrime)
- Any violent crimes conviction of the 1stdegree
For the Best First–DegreeCrime Defense – Hire the Best Criminal Defense Trial Law Firm in NewJersey
Attorneys at our criminal defense law firm have handled hundred of trials and more than 100 felony jury trials and have experience defending individuals against serious criminal cases involving municipal, state and federal crimes.
We operate on a “trial first, negotiations second,” premise.
The stakes in every criminal case are high. No matter how the evidence seems to stack up, we believe there is ALWAYS a defense worth pursuing. You owe it to yourself to contact our firm today for a free consultation at 732-303-7857 . Our clients can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our office.