Toms River DWI Attorney
Find out how to handle your case by speaking with a Toms River DWI attorney.
Don’t underestimate the damage that a driving while intoxicated (DWI) conviction can do to your life and future. Whether you’re worried about expensive fines, jail time, or lost reputation, the risks are very real.
Getting a DWI dismissed means convincing a judge of your innocence, however, which means that you need to have a compelling argument and evidence proving your case. This isn’t easy to do alone, but with the right legal counsel, it’s more than possible.
A Toms River DWI lawyer from Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC. can provide you with the defense you need for the best chance of getting your drunk driving charge dismissed. We aggressively defend our clients, and we’ll never give up on your case.
Know How to Beat a DWI in New Jersey
Never assume that your DWI can’t be beat. Whether your sobriety was tested through a balance-and-coordination test or a breathalyzer, there might be evidence that can be used in your favor:
- Was the ground rocky or uneven, thereby interfering with your balance?
- Were there fumes in the air or on your clothing that gave the breathalyzer a false reading?
- Were the instructions given by the officer unclear?
- Does the police dashcam footage show someone who remained calm and cooperated with the officers?
Even if the evidence against you seems insurmountable, that doesn’t necessarily mean that there aren’t other ways to build your DWI defense. Maybe the police didn’t have reasonable cause to pull you over. Perhaps a procedural error or rights violation was committed during your arrest.
This type of information is key to your case, and a DWI attorney from our office will be able to find all the evidence available.
Drunk Driving Penalties: Know What’s at Stake
A DWI in New Jersey might be a motor vehicle offense, but it will still result in harsh consequences you’ll have to contend with for years to come if you get convicted:
- A first DWI offense can result in up to thirty days in jail, a $250–$500 fine, and a three-month to one-year license suspension.
- A second DWI offense can result in up to ninety days in jail, a $500–$1,000 fine, and a two-year license suspension
- A third DWI offense will result in up to 180 days in jail, a $1,000 fine, and a ten-year license suspension
You can also expect that the court will probably order an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle for an extended period of time, which will require you to take a breath test before starting your car.
Finally, the monetary costs don’t end with the fine you’re assessed. You’ll also have to pay a number of additional fees, which can easily total more than $500.
Connect with a Toms River Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
If you’ve been charged with driving while intoxicated, you need the best defense possible. Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC never gives up on case and never backs down—no matter how strong the prosecution’s case might be.
Schedule a free, confidential consultation with a Toms River DWI lawyer today to discover how we can help you clear your name. Just complete the contact form below or call us directly at 732-303-7857.