List of Municipal Courts in New Jersey
We represent clients throughout New Jersey, in all counties, in all courts, including these municipal courts.
New Jersey Municipal Court Minor Offenses
We represent clients in all types of cases that are handled by the municipal court system including:
- Criminal mischief under N.J.S.A. 2C:17-3a(1)
- Simple assault under N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1
- Shoplifting and minor theft crimes under N.J.S.A. 2C: 20-11(b)(1)
- Speeding tickets
- DUI/DWI charges under N.J.S.A. 39:4-50(a)
- Reckless or careless driving
- Disorderly conduct
- Driving while suspended or revoked under N.J.S.A 39:3-40
- Leaving the scene of an accident, and
- Other traffic violations
Whatever you may have been arrested for, or charged with, it is important to take your situation as seriously as we will. We know that having a criminal record even for a “minor” crime is a big deal that can cost you job opportunities, scholarships, even housing.
We will look at all the facts and evidence of your case to get at the truth — something the police do not always take the time to do — and work hard to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Potential Consequences of a Municipal Court Conviction
These types of crimes are what is known as disorderly persons offenses, or petty disorderly persons offenses. Other states refer to some of these crimes as misdemeanors. Potential consequences if you are convicted include:
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Expensive fines
- Loss of driving privileges
- Establishment or continuation of a criminal record
These things could of course affect your ability to gain employment, apply for housing and obtain professional licenses.
As experienced trial lawyers, we can pursue the most apt path to resolution in your case, whether that means negotiating a plea deal or taking your case to trial. We will not stop fighting until we have obtained the best results for you.