Possession of Marijuana Lawyers
Wall New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorneys serving Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County and all surrounding NJ areas.
An arrest and criminal drug charges for marijuana possession can leave you feeling stressed and unsure of how to protect your rights. The criminal defense attorneys at Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC. have handled a multitude of marijuana possession cases and other types of drug cases, and we know how to evaluate your case for weaknesses in the charges against you. We will work tirelessly to obtain the best possible resolution to your situation, and to help you reduce the negative effects these charges have on your life and livelihood.
How Serious Are Marijuana Possession Charges in New Jersey?
Depending on the exact nature of your situation, the potential punishments for marijuana possession can be harsh. As extensively experienced defense lawyers, we understand the charges against you and how the system works. We use all of our knowledge, experience and resources to minimize the impact these charges have on your life, and we pursue dismissed charges whenever possible.
Facing these charges head-on is what our attorneys do. Although you should take comfort in the fact that we are ready to handle your case skillfully, you should also know that there is the possibility of severe consequences if you are convicted:
- Possible felony conviction on your criminal record
- Possible exclusion from certain types employment
- Possible dismissal from your current job
- Jail time
If you were in possession of a certain amount of marijuana, you may also be charged with distribution-related crimes, regardless of whether that was your intention.
How Our Attorneys Fight Your Marijuana Possession Charge
The lawyers at Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC. know how criminal drug charges are brought and prosecuted. As former prosecutors, Charles Clark and Ryan Clark understand the proof problems the prosecution is confronted with and what information they want to convict you. Our knowledge of these processes means we have insight into how to move your case in the direction we want. We also know how the police investigate and handle these crimes, as well as what mistakes they commonly make. This type of information is invaluable in determining the weaknesses in the case against you. We challenge all of the evidence against you and look at the following things that may be a key aspect of your defense:
- Illegal search and seizure: If the police searched your car, home or person when they found marijuana, our lawyers can determine whether your constitutional rights were violated
- Improper police conduct and procedures: We have the experience necessary to challenge improper police conduct, oftentimes regarding police informants, undercover officers and procedures involved in your arrest
- Other options in your case: Having handled numerous drug possession cases over the years, our lawyers know how to build an effective strategy to get the best possible results on your behalf
We do not let the criminal system define you. You deserve to have your real character portrayed in your case, not just the story that paints you as a common criminal. Our lawyers proactively work to defend you against harsh, life-altering punishments.
If you live in Newark, Jersey City or elsewhere in New Jersey and have been charged with possession of marijuana, please call the experienced attorneys at Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC., at 844-204-2426 . Your consultation is free.