New Brunswick Criminal Defense Lawyer
Are you facing criminal charges and need to know how to clear your name? Speak with a New Brunswick criminal lawyer and find out what your next step should be.
Whether the alleged offense is minor or serious, a conviction for any crime in New Jersey can result in drastically negative consequences. From fines and imprisonment to a criminal record that will follow you around everywhere you go, the impact to your life can be catastrophic.
To protect your freedom, finances, and future, you have to challenge the charges against you and seek a complete dismissal. To that end, a New Brunswick criminal defense lawyer from Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC. can be your greatest ally.
Understanding Criminal Charges
Whether you’ve been charged with drunk driving or a major sex offense, part of building a powerful defense is understanding what you’re up against. Acknowledging the gravity of your situation emphasizes what’s at stake, which is why you need a New Brunswick criminal attorney who levels with you and gives your case the attention it deserves.
Depending on the exact crime you’ve been accused of, you could be facing the following legal consequences upon conviction:
- A petty disorderly person offense carries up to thirty days in jail and a fine of up to $500
- A disorderly person offense carries up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000
- A fourth-degree indictable offense carries up to eighteen months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000
- A third-degree indictable offense carries between three and five years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000
- A second-degree indictable offense carries between five and ten years in prison and a fine of up to $150,000
- A first-degree indictable offense carries either a life sentence or between ten and thirty years in prison, with the addition of a fine of up to $200,000
Convictions Carry More Than Just Legal Consequences
While the legal penalties for a criminal conviction are heavy enough, you’ll feel the repercussions of a criminal record long after you’ve served your time and paid the fine.
When you have to admit to a criminal record, finding a job and securing loans and housing becomes incredibly difficult. Even successfully applying to colleges and universities can become frustrating.
There might be other consequences associated with the crime, such as sex offender status or probation, all of which can greatly limit your future opportunities. Working with an experienced defense lawyer from our firm will give you the best chance for protecting your future wellbeing and avoiding these harmful results.
Connect with a New Brunswick Criminal Lawyer
When you need the best criminal defense possible, you need Clark, Clark & Noonan, LLC.. As former prosecutors, we know how the case against you will be developed and we know how to counter it.
We’re an aggressive criminal defense firm serving New Brunswick and the rest of New Jersey, and we never give up on a case.
To find out how we can help you, schedule a free, confidential consultation with one of our capable New Brunswick criminal defense lawyers. Simply complete the form below or call 732-303-7857.