Fourth degree criminal offenses: If you are convicted of a crime in the fourth degree in New Jersey, you can be sentenced to up to 18 months in prison and face a fine of up to $10,000.
If you are a first offender charged with a 4th Degree crime, you may be entitled to pretrial intervention (aka, first offender treatment.) If you are eligible from pretrial intervention, the charges against you can be dismissed if you successfully complete a period of probation.
Examples of Fourth-Degree Crimes
- Aggravated assault (may be charged as 4th, 3rd, or 2nd degree crime)
- Criminal sexual contact
- Drug possession (in smaller quantities)
- Joy Riding
- Certain types of assaults including threat crimes
- Property Theft Crimes (if property value is between $200 $and $500)
- Shoplifting (items with full retail value between $200 and $500)
- Any other criminal conviction of the 4th degree.
For the Best Criminal Defense Against 4th Degree Crimes – Hire the Best Criminal Defense Trial Law Firm in New Jersey
Attorneys at our Freehold, NJ criminal defense law firm have handled hundred of trials and more than 100 felony jury trials and have experience defending individuals against serious criminal cases involving municipal, state and federal crimes.
We operate on a “trial first, negotiations second,” premise.
The stakes in every criminal case are high. No matter how the evidence seems to stack up, we believe there is ALWAYS a defense worth pursuing.
You owe it to yourself to contact our firm today for a free consultation, call us at 732-303-7857. Our clients can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our office.