New Jersey Criminal Law – Examples of 3rd Degree Crimes, Jail Time, Fines and Penalties
Criminal Penalties for 3rd Degree Crimes in New Jersey
Third degree criminal offenses: For a conviction of a third degree crime in New Jersey you can be sentenced to 3-5 years in prison. and can be fined up to $15,000.
Examples of Third-Degree Crimes
- Aggravated Assault (may be charged as fourth, third, or second degree crime)
- Certain Theft Crimes (based on the value of merchandise or property that was stolen or shoplifted)
- Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (i.e., cocaine, ecstasy, or heroin)
- Possession of a Handgun
- Property Theft Crimes (if property value is over $500 but less than $75,000)
- Shoplifting (if full retail value is over $500 but less than $75,000)
- Any other criminal conviction of the 3rd degree.
For the Best Criminal Defense Against 3rd Degree Crimes Hire An Experienced Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer
Attorneys at our Freehold, NJ criminal defense law firm have handled hundred of trials and more than 100 felony jury trials and have experience defending individuals against serious criminal cases involving municipal, state and federal crimes.
We operate on a “trial first, negotiations second,” premise.
The stakes in every criminal case are high. No matter how the evidence seems to stack up, we believe there is ALWAYS a defense worth pursuing. You owe it to yourself to contact our firm today for a free consultation, call us at 732-303-7857. Our clients can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our office.